Monday, March 21, 2011

Easter at the Auction!


When Ryan held up these bunny and egg jellies on a stick, I yelled out...
"Easter!"

Not many others in the room knew what I was so excited about because Easter is not a Japanese holiday.

I haven't been in Canada for Easter in three years, so I was even more excited to see the solid chocolate bunnies appear! I bid on these and then my friend Julia, who had outbid me on the Easter jellies donated the jellies to me too!

All of these Easter treats will end up in the Easter Bunny basket so that he can hide them in the forest for our tNt Adventures in English Easter Egg Hunt!

So how did Easter candy end up at the charity auction? Mrs. Wakiko Yule brought them from Canada. She and her husband live in Alberta Canada and they were just here visiting their son Chris who plays for the Kushiro Cranes Hockey Team. Mrs. Yule was kind enough to donate some of the Easter souvenirs to the auction.

And am I ever happy she did.

It is going to be quite the Easter Egg Hunt!

Here are some photos from our last tNt Adventures Class.
We had the kids and moms build a fire all by themselves. They then made campfire bannock over the hot embers!

The recipe is super easy:

2 c flour
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 c cold water

You mix all the dry ingredients first and then vigorously mix in the cold water. Pour batter in a hot oiled pan and cook until brown on both sides. Poke the middle with a toothpick 'til it comes out clean. Then enjoy!







t

No comments: