Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bass Player on the Mountain

When Mokoto asked if I would sing "Honky Tonk Woman", for the show in Obihiro, I said, "sure no problem". I had heard a few versions including Tina Turner's and really liked the feel and sound of the tune.

When I checked the lyrics online - I was kind of taken aback. I had no idea they were so raunchy.

A few days later we had a practice and I approached our bass player about my reluctance to sing the song.

He said, "Some people like to write and sing about the dark side of life. They are still good people inside."

I immediately decided to be "...a Honky Tonk Woman".

There are many times when I sing 'holy songs' and behave just the opposite when I walk through my front door.

And what is the dark side of life anyways?

I spent a few hours in the garden today picking weeds.

Some weeds are beautiful.

Who decides what is a weed and what is a plant?

More questions for my bass player on the mountain.

t

No comments: