Saturday, October 2, 2010

'Hollander' on the Roof

I was in Canada for a month and a half. Only a few days back in Tsurui-Mura, I returned to the Kushiro Airport, this time to welcome my friend Itamar from Holland! :)

Taking advantage of the warm fall sunshine and the extra hands, Tomohiro had us climb the cabin roof and hammer down asphalt shingles. Once we got our roof legs and completed the task, (roofing being a first for all of us), we felt quite satisfied.


Hard at work



tNt


Celebrating a job well done. Thanks Itamar!

5 comments:

Sallo Polak said...

How very nice! Tammy, we met in Whitehorse, you came to visit me in Amsterdam, Hilversum, Bangkok and Chiang Mai, together we travelled to France to ski and we went to Belgium... In Holland you introduced Itamar to me, and now the two of you on the roof of your cabin in Hokkaido, Japan! Shall we, you, Itamar, Dona, Daniel and I try meet on a shipyard in Vladivostok, somewhere next spring? Do bring Tomo as well!

Warm greetings from Chiang Mai! Sallo

tam... said...

I had to google Vladivostok.
Now that I know where it is...

Yes...let's!

t

donasun said...

Sallo Pollak....

I LOVE your idea of the reunion in Vladivostok.....

and Tammy... look at you....

your hands are beautiful cabins, beautiful coffee mugs and shaping beautiful lives all over the globe....

You are AMAZING....

donasun in Glorious Yukon

tam... said...

This skookum cup needs some glorious Yukon hands to hold it.
Get over here Dona-sun!
t

Sallo Polak said...

Hi Donasun (-_-),

Well then let's pick a month, a year and an hour and we meet at Vladivostok's main square! Pushkin's café!

Loved your comments on your sis' blog. Meet y'all in Vladisvostok. I believe the KLM has direct flights from Whitehorse!

Sallo